Connecting Nevercode to GitHub enables you to use the following features:
- automatic builds for every commit,
- pull requests builds,
- automatic builds for commits to feature branches,
- automatic builds of tagged commits,
- setting build statuses to your commits.
Nevercode will create the necessary webhooks automatically when the app is added via OAuth or the integration is enabled by a user having administrator permissions on GitHub. Otherwise, webhooks must be added manually by administrator.
To connect your team to GitHub:
- Select Settings from top right menu.
- Click Integrations to view the team's integrations.
- Click on Github's Connect button. If you haven't logged in to GitHub in your browser, you will be taken to the login page. Log in to proceed.
- Grant Nevercode the permission to access your repository and create webhooks. Make sure you have at least admin level rights for the repository. Webhooks cannot be created automatically by users with read/write access, in which case an admin user needs to set them up manually. See GitHub docs on repository permission levels.
You will then be redirected back to Nevercode.
Granting organization access
If you want Nevercode to work with repositories owned by any GitHub organizations you belong to, you need to grant access for Nevercode in your GitHub account.
Navigate to your GitHub personal settings, choose "OAuth applications" from the left nav, click on Nevercode and grant it access to relevant organizations.
Behind the scenes, we will scan your GitHub repositories, match them to your Nevercode projects, and create webhooks that will notify us whenever you create or update a pull request on GitHub, create a new feature branch and commit changes to it, or make a tagged commit.
To revoke access to GitHub, click the Disconnect button.
Updated 2 years ago