Nevercode supports automatic publishing of builds to internal, alpha, beta and production tracks on Google Play.
To enable publishing to Google Play, you need to do the following:
The following sections will guide you through the process step by step.
- In Google Play Console, navigate to Settings > API access.
- Click on the Create Service Account button and follow the link to Google API Console.
- In Google API Console, click on the Create Service Account button.
- Fill in Service account name and choose Service Accounts > Service Account User from the Role dropdown. Make sure to check Furnish a new private key and select
JSONas Key type.
- Click Create and download the created
JSONcredentials file. You will need this file to set up publishing to Google Play on Nevercode.
- Back in Google Play Console, click Done to close the dialog.
- Find the new service account and click Grant Access.
- Select Release manager from the Role dropdown and click Add user.
- Navigate to the Publishing section in your app settings and expand the Publish to Google Play option.
- Upload the
- Select the track for publishing:
Internal — publish for internal testing and QA
Alpha — publish for testing with a small group of trusted users
Beta — publish for testing to a wider set of users
Production — release the app to production
- Check Publish even if tests fail to publish the build to the selected track even when one or more tests fail.
- Click Save to finish the setup.
Tip: Use workflows to set up different configurations
By creating multiple workflows, you can easily maintain different configurations of your app and configure different publishing options for each workflow. Take a look at our guide on setting up workflows.
Google Play releases
Binaries uploaded to Google Play Store will be published to the selected release track immediately and no further user interaction is required to make the new version available for downloading.
Updated 2 years ago