Slack is used by more and more development teams for their daily communication. One cool feature of Slack is the ability to integrate different 3rd party services into their workflow. You can get a direct link to the newest build directly in your slack chat so that everybody in your team has instant access to the latest binary. We also show the changes since the last build so that it’s easy to understand what’s new in the latest version.
Publishing to Slack is available to subscribers on Startup, Superstar, and Unicorn plans.
To enable publishing to Slack:
- Open your project and click on the spanner icon in the top right corner.
- Click the Publishing tab.
- Click Publish to Slack.
- If you have not enabled integration with Slack, click Connect to Slack now. You will be taken to the integrations page.
- Click the Connect button for Slack and authorize the app.
- Type the channel name (including #). Note that you can define only one channel for publishing.
- Select Show changes in notes if you want the channel notification to include changes made in the build.
- Select Publish even if tests fail if you want the notification published in the defined channel in case tests fail.
- Click Save.
Updated 3 months ago